No olive grove too steep,
vineyard too remote or fjord too deep.
Experiencia Gourmet food experts know
where to find their treasures…
The emergent middle class in Mexico have a growing interest in gourmet food and drink from around the world. The leading department store has responded by creating the most innovative and successful gourmet food hall in Mexico. The concept combines eating venues where consumers experience gourmet food prior to buying for home consumption.
Our brand story and name introduce the buyers as experts and Experiencia Gourmet as a relaxing, enjoyable place to experiment.
Reflecting a pleasurable, sociable gathering, the narrative identity unites an intriguing mix of creatures and icons, gathering to form the marque. This visually unravels throughout the food hall with a unique element dedicated to each venue – a playful invitation to participate. Every picture tells a story…
– food now up to 35% of daily stores sales
– halo effect on motherbrand
– business won from premium competitors
– attracting younger consumers
– own brand water outsells Mexico’s no.1 Coca Cola Ciel (despite being trice the price)
– Success breeds success ambition roll-out programme: 1 store 2011 – 4 in 2012
– 8 in 2013 – 10 in 2014 – 14 in 2015…
“The brand now accounts for a daily
14-35% of total store sales.
This compares to a previous average figure
for Liverpool gourmet food halls of 2%.”
Juan Luis Berruga
Director Food & Drink, El Peurto De Liverpool
“Great news re the awards! Experiencia Gourmet is really
making an impact here… We’ll be closing the year with six
implementations… they’re all beautiful! Interlomas, Polanco,
Santa Fe, Villahemosa, Puebla and Veracruz.”